WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES
It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Well things have been going really well since Kenzen has been home. Last week we took the plunge and started to give him breast milk. It was a long week of worrying about his chyle leak coming back but it didn't and now all of his feeds are breast milk. The only scare we have had is his glucose level on Thursday was really low it was only 36 which puts him at risk for seizers. The doctor didn't get the results until that night and he tried calling Dave but he was at work so he didn't get the messages until around 1:00am. He called the doctor and he answered in the middle of the night. Dave ended up coming home from work and we had to buy a glucose reader and test it again and his number was 76 which the doctor just wants it above 60. The doctor is having us check it at least once a day for awhile. I've been checking it a couple times a day and so far it seems to be ok. In the morning it was only 50 but since he has started taking bottles through out the day it has come back up into the 70s. I think he just needs to adjust to the breast milk and then he will be ok. Other then that he is a very happy baby and is growing fairly well he weighs around 6 pounds 12 ounces now and I know he is starting to grow a lot faster now that he's getting fats in his diet. He is still on the feeding machine but if his glucose stays good and if he gains weight again tomorrow I'm going to start pushing him and turning off his feeds for a few hours at a time and let him bottle. I was doing that and he was doing great I just didn't want to mess with things while his sugar was messed up. Even on the feeding tube today he has bottled every few hours so I think he will be able to get what he needs and grow from bottles I would love to get his feeding tube out of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment