WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Monday, February 27, 2012

Dr appointments




So Kenzens doctors have been following him really close. He wasn't growing the way they were wanting him to grow his pediatrician wanted to put the feeding tube back in but I said no. Every time he comes home it takes him a few weeks to adjust and then he just takes off and does great. I knew he would do that again but the doctors weren't so sure. Because I said no they wanted him to see either his ped or his card at least once a week. It was such a pain to have to take him in all the time and expose him to all the sick kids in the office that often. Well he started to grow really well and eating really well about 2 1/2 weeks ago and today we saw both doctors since I got sick and we didn't see anyone for about 2 weeks. They were both very pleased with his growth he has put on almost a pound in 3 weeks which is really good for him. His ped said as long as I keep tracking his weight at home she doesn't need to see him until he is one for his well check. His card is also backing off I think our appointment's will go to once a month or once every few months. It is so nice to be free from doctors for a while. Kenzen is such a happy boy he now weighs 11 pounds 10 ounces. He also knows how to eat from a spoon which he really enjoys. He is almost rolling over. The way I look at his development is I go off how long he has been home and able to develop which is only a little more then 4 months so he is right were he should be. I think once he figures out how to get around he will take off really fast because mentally he is almost 11 months and he really wants to figure out how to get to things and how to play with his brother and sisters. We don't get out much because we are trying to not get him sick so we just hang out at home but I think he likes that. He is also starting to wein off some of his meds I now only give him some 3 times a day when it used to be 6. Our lives are starting to feel normal again. We have waited a long time to feel some what normal. I wont be updating as often anymore when he is doing well. If things change or as he hits milestones like turning one which is coming up in April I probably wont do any updates. Thank you for all the prayers and support it has been a very long hard year but it has all been worth it.

2 comments:

  1. The "down" time is so great! Just breathe it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job Shelisa. He is so beautiful. I am grateful for your updates, as I don't get to see you as often as I would like. Happy Birthday to Kenzen next month!

    ReplyDelete