WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Life never goes as planned

So in my last post I had mentioned that we were going to move down to Arizona for Kenzen's health. We went down there at the end of august and signed on a house that is supposed to be done late January or early Febuary. Since that time Kenzen has actually seemed to make some improvements. He is able to be off oxygen sometimes and not desat into the 60s like he did before. He can stay in a good range. We are hoping that means that he is starting to get better and his pressures are starting to get lower. Dave has been trying really hard to get a job down there but he hasn't even gotten one phone call. The company he thought he would have the best chance with has really taken a turn for the worst right now and aren't hiring anyone. Because of all those things we have decided for the time being that we are going to stay in Utah. We are in the process of building another home in Saratoga Springs about a mile away from our other one. It will be done around march of next year. We still have renters in our home we already have so we will still be living with my grandma until the house in finished. Kenzen has also been making a lot of progress is his develpement. He now army crawls everywhere and I mean everywhere. He is learning how to do stairs. He still doesn't like to put a lot of weight in his legs so he wont stand yet but that will come soon I'm sure. He is also off of formula and does whole milk now in a sippy cup. Im the last week or so he has really showed and interest in eating what we eat. He is doing really well with that. Before this past week if he had anything that wasn't pureed he would just gag and throw up. He has now had bread, corn, pancakes, and puffs without gaging. That is a huge step for him. For now he still needs to be on oxygen full time but when he pulls it off, which he does pretty often now, the doctor said we can leave it off for a few hours. Another big step he has taken is he is off all his diuritics. That is huge most kids have to be on them for their whole lifes. That shows us that his heart is doing pretty well right now. We still don't know what the future holds with him needing the third surgery. As of now he still isn't a candidate for that. I have heard of some kids that have had it with only one good lung and if it comes to that point we will have to move to sea level or it wont work. We are really enjoying life outside of hospitals and doctor visits for the time being and are grateful for everyday we get to be together as a family.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelisa--

    So good to read this update, and glad to hear Kenzen's little heart is doing ok for now. My own heart goes out to you as his mother--such a difficult trial to watch your baby go through, but you're taking everything in stride. I pray that angels will bear you up, and keep your whole family strong.

    Miss you guys. : )

    ReplyDelete