WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES
It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
In the hospital again
So Kenzen had a heart cath done on Monday. They went in through his groin to see how his heart is doing and also to do some repairs that should help him. They ended up putting a stent in his left pulmonary artery, ballooning something else by his heart, and also they had to coil some more blood vessels that his body has decided to make that were flooding his left lung. The surgery took almost 4 hours but he did great during the whole thing. We were supposed to stay overnight to watch him and then come home tuesday morning. When they did an xray tuesday morning to see how everything looked they saw that his whole left lung had collapsed. So now we are back in the icu to try to get it fixed. Yesterday they put him on a cpap machine to try and open it back up that didn't work. Then they decided to take him to the OR to do a bronc were they go down with a camera and look in his lungs to see if they are plugged and if they could clean them out. They ended up finding a bunch of mucus plugs in his left lung so they cleaned it out and were able to get his lung back open. They left him on the breathing machine over night and took him off around 4:30 this morning. Since then it has sounded like his lung was going to recalapse so they put him back on the cpap machine to try and keep it open. They are going to do another xray in a few hours to see if it is still open. With how bad his collapse was he might need to come home on a cpap machine for a while until it heals. That wont be any fun but I would rather have him at home then here. I'm hoping we can get this all figured out before christmas so we can be home. Update: I wasn't able to post this yesterday so now after his xray his lung had recalapsed so they had to put him back on the breathing machine and they are leaving him on it for a few days to help get him stronger and to help clean his lung out some more then we will try going to cpap again. They told me he will probably be in the hospital for christmas which really sucks. Other then his lung he is doing well he isn't having any other complications so hopefully in a few days he will be strong enough to keep it open on his own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh boo. The hospital at Christmas is not ideal; I hope he can get better quickly, we will be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteI hope you little Kenzen is doing better today!
ReplyDelete