WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Still in the hospital

So things haven't been going as planned with Kenzen and his lung. They left him on the breathing machine for three days and then extubated him and he did pretty well for the first 20 hours and then he started to struggle. He got a really high fever like somewhere around 103 and he was breathing really fast and working hard to breath. They did an x-ray and his left lung was collapsed again. So I got a call on Christmas morning that they had to reintubate him again. This time they took a sample of the mucus down in his lungs to send for cultures and they also cultured his blood to check for infections. His blood work came back fine but he did have an infection in his lungs which is probably why he isn't able to keep his lung open. They started him on antibiotics yesterday and the plan is to try and extubate him again on Thursday or Friday if he looks good and hope that he can keep his lung open. He also ended up extubating himself this morning which didn't go so well so they had to put the tube back in. He has been intubated 4 times in the past 8 days. Please pray that the next time they take him off he is able to keep his lung open and work on being able to come home.

2 comments:

  1. Shelisa, I'm so sorry to hear all this has been happening! I am continuing to pray for Kenzen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've had to spend Christmas in the hospital! I hope little Kenzen is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete