WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Monday, December 17, 2012

Life

So the last few months have been really good. Kenzen has been home and growing really fast. He can now pull him self up to things and stand. He hasn't figured put how to walk along furniture yet but I'm sure that will come in the next few weeks. He still army crawls everywhere but I do see him on his hands and knees to get closer to furniture and he also pushes trucks along the floor on his knees. Maybe in a few weeks he will decide to crawl on his hands and knees.  We went to his cardiologist last week and the appointment went pretty well. They wanted to do an echo on him but we don't want to sedate him so we had to try and get a 19 month old to sit still for 30-45 minutes. It ended up taking the doctor doing the echo and the tech and a nurse holding Kenzen and giving him things like toys and crackers to distract him. His heart function is really good right now. There aren't any concerns about his heart at this time. What he really wanted to see was if his blood flow is still going the wrong way in his left pulmonary artery and that we couldn't see clearly kenzen would need to arch his back and sit really still to see that. I was pretty bummed we couldn't see that. Now we just need to decide what to do with him in the near future. It is possible for his lung pressure to be getting higher and if we don't do anything about it they will get to a point that there isn't anything we can do. We are hoping that they are getting better but the only way of knowing for sure is to do another Cath. Well those don't go very well with him. The last two he has had have put him in the icu for a month and on a ventilator for most of that month. It is really scary to see him that way so I really don't want to do that. I think for now we might just watch him but that is scary to because if his pressure are still high and we can't get then down he cant have the third surgery he needs or a transplant. So when his heart does go into failure there wouldn't be anything we could do. We are trying not to focus on it to much yet because this is kenzens first christmas really last year he was in the hospital and on a vent over christmas so we are really excited about having him home this year. Also with are new house in saratoga springs they should be starting to dig in about 2-3 weeks and we should moved in around the beginning of april. It would be nice to be moved in before kenzens 2nd birthday which is april 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment