WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Monday, July 8, 2013

It's been awhile

It has been 6 months since my last update. Kenzen has been doing really well he learned to walk a few weeks ago and is now working on running. He is also climbing on to everything. He has been having issues since last September with ear infections. He had done atleast 4 rounds of antibiotics between October to February and it just wouldn't clear his ears up all the way. Because of that we made the dicision to have tubes put in his ears and because he hasn't had a good experience with surgery for a long time we also decided to do a sedated echo at the same time. We were really nervous for it because when we got to the hospital we found out they would be intubating him and every time they do that it ends up with a long stay in the ICU. I am pleased to report that he did amazing this time. He had no issues and was so awake that he was carried out of the or by one of the nurses when I saw him he was talking away and drinking a sippy cup. We were able to take him home two hours later. He is going to have a hearing test in a few weeks to see if the tubes have helped. As far as the echo goes his heart function was really good but the flow that was going to wrong way in his LPA is now not  flowing at all. So he is only functioning on one lung. If you saw him you would have no idea he looks so good and is off of oxygen. None of the doctors really know what to do now we don't know if trying to open it back up will make him worse or help we don't know what the pressures are like in his good lung and we hope this doesn't make them worse. For now we are just going to let him be a toddler and do nothing until he starts getting sick or showing signs that he needs something done to help him. As far as our house goes they were delayed by a month in the dig process. It is complete now but we are waiting on our financing to come through and it should be any day now. We are really excited to get our family back into a home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment