WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Friday, February 28, 2014

Make a wish

Because Kenzen has his heart defect he qualifies for a program called make a wish. We had his doctor turn his papers in back in December. We just heard that he has been accepted and we go on Tuesday night for him to make his wish. They sent us a key in the mail that opens a special room up in salt lake where he will make his wish. We are all really excited about this he is going to wish for a trip to disneyworld. If the wish is granted we will all get to go in a few months for a week to disneyworld. All of our kids are very excited about this it will be a very fun week. I get asked a lot about how he is doing and what the plan is for his future. As of right now we don't really have Alan his last heart cath didn't show good results for his future and as have just kept praying that things would get better as he got bigger and stronger. I do believe that he is doing so much better then any of the doctors thought he would after his last cath it will be two years in May since he had that done and he has made a lot of good progress which I don't think they thought he would do. He has since then gotten off of oxygen and has almost caught up development wise to kids his own age. If you see him now you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with him. We are now faced with a really rough decision we need to do another heart cath to see if things have changed and if there is anything we can do to improve his outcome as he gets older. We have been putting it off because he doesn't usually do well with the surgery of a heart cath but he has started to show is signs that he needs us to look into it further and see what are options are. He has started waking up in the middle of the night screaming about once a week I don't know if it's because of nightmares or if it has something to do with his heart. He has also starting throwing up at least once a week if not more frequently at random places it usually happens when we are in public at eating places let me tell you it's really embarrassing to have him throw up everywhere and having to clean it up in front of people and trying to explain that he's not sick. Because of those things we have decided to go a head and do a heart cath in either May or June once the cold and flu season is over. We are really hoping to do his make a wish trip before that just in case it doesn't go we'll. On a lighter note we have been in our new house back in Saratoga springs for 7 months now and we love it. We have awesome neighbors and an awesome ward. Are children are very happy and Kenzen is one of the happiest little boys I know.

1 comment:

  1. Shelisa, I really hope Kenzen gets his wish!!!! What a nice break that would be for all of you! I know the future is always so uncertain, and you seem to have such a positive attitude about it. Wow! Thanks for your example. I'm grateful to have you as a neighbor and your sweet kids! I will continue to keep Kenzen in my prayers!

    Angie Carley

    ReplyDelete