WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES
It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Another Heart Cath
Things have been going pretty good since Kenzen came home in January. He has really increased his appitite and has started to eat solid foods. He now weighs 15 pounds. Around mid April I noticed that his saturations were starting to drop at night and there were a few nights I put him on oxygen. Then at the end of April we went on our first family vacation. We took the kids to california and went to Disneyland and hung out with family. It was so much fun. Kenzen did great he had more energy there and his saturations came back up to the high end. The lower elevation is a lot easier on his body. Since we came home he needed some oxygen to help him readjust. We went into his pediatrition for some immunizations and she didn't like the color of his face it was kind of purple that day. She called his cardiologist and he wanted to see us that day. So we went to him and they did an xray and an echo just to see how he was doing. His heart looks great his doctor said it is very strong. But they did find that his left pulminary artery that they stented back in December is really small again and the blood flow is going the wrong way again which is why his saturations are lower and why now he is back on oxygen all day and all night. His doctor wanted him to have another heart cath asap to hopefully be able to make the stent bigger. He is also thinking that his body is continueing to make new collaterals that are makeing the blood flow go the wrong way and that is a bad thing for him. If his blood is going the wrong way it doesn't get oxygen so we need to get that fixed. They have scheduled his heart cath for this coming tuesday May 29. We are just hoping and praying that everything goes as planned this time and its only a one night stay not a 30 day stay. I'm also really hoping that he has just outgrown his stent and not that he has more collaterals cause there is only so much they can do about those. I will update again on tuesday after his cath with the results and hopefully good news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know how I missed this blog update! What is the deal with the left PA? That is where Severin has all his trouble too. We are praying for a speedy recovery, and this is only a little bump in the road.
ReplyDelete