WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Not a good day

Yesterday Kenzen went in for his cath. We had to be at the hospital at 10:15. He was such a good boy he didn't even cry out of hunger he just played and then took a nap while we waited for them to come get him. His cath time was much shorter this time maybe 2 hours instead of 4. Because of that I thought things had gone good. When we got in the room to talk to the doctor he said he had nothing but bad news to tell us. He let us know that his stent was still good and it looked the same. His problem is that his body has been making a lot of extra veins which for him is a very bad thing. It has made his left lung pretty much worthless. Also because of the way it has made his blood flow his pressures in his lungs are pretty high. That makes him not be able to get the oxygen that he needs and that's why he has been desating lately. They also told us that because of that he is now not a candidate for the third heart surgery. He also let us know that when they were taking him off the breathing machine he started to bleed from his lungs so they had to keep him on the breathing machine. Now we are in the icu again. The bleed has gotten better but now his left lung is collapsed again. Tomorrow they are going to take him to the OR and do a bronc and try and clean out his lung and get it open again. I was very upset yesterday and angry with the situation. I took yesterday to mean that he was going to go home and die soon. I was able to talk to his cardiologist today and he let me know that there are some kids that don't have the third surgery and they are teenagers. They do usually have lower sats and not as much energy. But that made me feel a lot better. We still aren't sure what the plan is going to be for him they are going to meet with the team of doctors over the next few weeks to see what there recommendations would be. The doctor said that he is the worst case for having so many extra veins that he has ever seen. He also said that there isn't a good answer of things to do it's kind of like cancer it just grows and grows and they don't really know what to do to help him. I will continue to update when things change.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Sweet Heart Sister what a day! I haven't seen anything new on IHH FB. I do hope the bronc worked and you have been moved to the floor. You know I am here and "hear" for you. Severin may have a different heart journey but I get it. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating us. We will continue to be strong in
    praying for you all.
    love,
    The Thue Family

    ReplyDelete