WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES
It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Makeing progress
Kenzen has been doing great the last few days. He was able to get off of some of his meds and they are working on getting him off of a few more in the next couple of days. His kidneys are working great and he hasn't had to have the dialysis for the last couple of days and I don't think he will need it again. Also we found out that preemies have a tendency to decrease their heart rate when they tighten their chest or bear down to go to the bathroom and that most of the time they grow out of it. We are hoping that is the reason he has his heart rate drops. He only does it when they go down his breathing tube to suction out his lungs. After they take him off of that if he doesn't do it anymore then he wont need to have a pacemaker. They also started to feed him some breast milk through a tube down his nose. After they started that his chest tube started to drain a lot. We found out he has something called chyle. It means that he has a leak in his system that the fats in his food go through and so he has to go on a special fat free formula diet. The good thing is that chyle does heal itself with time. We are hoping that it will only take a few months and then he will be able to nurse. The doctors are going to work on being able to get him transported back to primary children's in Salt lake city as soon as they are confident that all his heart stuff is worked out and that he is in stable condition so he can be closer to home. They think it would be pointless to have him so far away when they will be working on getting him to eat and grow. We are hoping that wont be to much longer we would love to have him close to home and hopefully home with us soon. They also did an echo on him to check his heart yesterday and said everything looked great just the way it's supposed to look after this stage of his surgeries. His kidneys have also started to work again so they were able to take him off the dialysis a few days ago and I don't think he will have to go back on which is really nice cause it was raising his glucose level really high. Since being off of it his glucose level has returned to normal. Dave had to go back home on Wednesday morning to get back to work and I'm coming home on Tuesday morning to make it to my sisters wedding and Baileys 8th birthday. If Kenzen is still here I will be coming back on the 14 but we are hoping he does really well and can come back to Utah around that time so we can be back together as a family. While I'm gone I know Kenzen will be taken care of he has great nurses who have just fallen in love with him. He is a big laddies man around here. I can't blame them I think he is really cute too and he's such a good baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So good to hear.. It will be good to see you at your sisters wedding.. Hopefully he can come home soon! Love you guys
ReplyDelete