WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pacemaker

So Kenzen has been doing pretty well since his surgery. He has had ups and downs. For the most part he was very stable and they didn't have to do much for him until yesterday. He had four episodes where his heart rate, blood pressure, and Sat's dropped. He was able to recover on his own until the last one they had to step in and help him out. They suctioned a bunch of stuff out of his lungs threw his breathing tube that we were hoping was the cause of the problem. But over night they decided to hook him up to a pacemaker as a backup. It only works if his heart rate drops below 120. Every time they suction him his heart rate does drop and the pacemaker kicks in. The doctor says that they will have to put a permanent pacemaker in him before he will be able to come home. We didn't discuss when that would be yet I think they want him to recover a little bit more and get him to be bigger before they put that in. On a good note his kidneys are getting better and he is peeing a lot more so they stopped the dialysis to see if his body can do the work on its own. Also they were able to close his chest two days ago because most of the swelling was gone. They also removed one of his chest tubes that was for draining fluid but they had to add one on the side today cause he had fluid that was on his left side and not going away. They are hoping to remove the one in his chest tomorrow as long as he doesn't drain a lot from that one today. They are also going to start feeding him through a feeding tube later today. They had started that the night they had closed his chest but had to stop when he started having problems yesterday. I hope everything goes better with that this time around and he can start getting some nutrition. They do give him nutrients through and IV but he needs to start getting some through his tummy to help that part of his body start functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment