It's been awhile since my last update and the reason for that is not much has changed. He has been doing things a lot slower then anyone had anticipated. They tried to ween him off the ventilator while I was with him and he just didn't like that very much. He is actually on higher settings now then he was before I went to Minnesota. They did however start feeding him again and it seems to be going better this time. He is still draining from his chest tube and they put him on a medication that is supposed to help slow that down it usually takes 10-15 days for it to work and he's been on it now for 4 days so hopefully that will help so he can get his chest tube removed. This Sunday June 5 we are all going back to Minnesota and the kids will get to meet him for the first time. They are all very excited about that and so am I we will finally be together as a family instead of split in two different locations. I'm hoping that he can start making some progress on his ventilator so we can all have a chance to hold him while we are there. Dave is going to be staying until the 22 then he has to come back for work. The kids and I will stay out there until he is ready to come back to Utah. If it's going to be along time my mom is going to come out and help me with the kids. I will do updates as he starts progressing but if it doesn't happen for a while just assume he's doing about the same it could be a while before he makes big progress we are just grateful that he has been able to do as well as he has and he will get there eventually.
WHY GOD SENDS HLHS BABIES
It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family play and laugh everyday, and when it's time to come back to heaven I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken just torn between two loves."
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Not much has happened
It's been awhile since my last update and the reason for that is not much has changed. He has been doing things a lot slower then anyone had anticipated. They tried to ween him off the ventilator while I was with him and he just didn't like that very much. He is actually on higher settings now then he was before I went to Minnesota. They did however start feeding him again and it seems to be going better this time. He is still draining from his chest tube and they put him on a medication that is supposed to help slow that down it usually takes 10-15 days for it to work and he's been on it now for 4 days so hopefully that will help so he can get his chest tube removed. This Sunday June 5 we are all going back to Minnesota and the kids will get to meet him for the first time. They are all very excited about that and so am I we will finally be together as a family instead of split in two different locations. I'm hoping that he can start making some progress on his ventilator so we can all have a chance to hold him while we are there. Dave is going to be staying until the 22 then he has to come back for work. The kids and I will stay out there until he is ready to come back to Utah. If it's going to be along time my mom is going to come out and help me with the kids. I will do updates as he starts progressing but if it doesn't happen for a while just assume he's doing about the same it could be a while before he makes big progress we are just grateful that he has been able to do as well as he has and he will get there eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment